THE SITE – DoinDubai.com
EATING TRAVELLING & LIVING in Dubai
I decided on those three categories as they represent all that I feel most passionate and knowledgeable about. The articles in the site offer HONEST reviews of life in Dubai created from genuine experiences. The photos are real too!
The site was started in 2011 and re-designed in 2014. I thought it would be helpful to write this brief explanation regards navigation, so you will benefit as fully from the site as I would hope.
Three colours represent the Categories
- Orange to represent all the articles related to Living in Dubai. A category where you will learn about Life in Dubai; where I answer many of the questions asked of me. For example, where to Get Gold Dipped, how to find a good tailor, how to sell a car and how to entertain visitors.
- Pink to represent all the articles related to Eating. Whether it is about a restaurant I have visited and reviewed, a recipe I have made in my kitchen using local ingredients along with where to source those more ethnic groceries.
- Blue to represent all the articles related to Travelling. This category focuses on Short Break & long Distance Destinations from Dubai and the reviews are of those holidays I have taken and paid for myself. Some of the destinations span two or three category headings. As DoinDubai’s second home is London, there are some posts from there too. The reviews enable you to book exactly the same holiday yourself without using a travel agent. I also suggest some great meals you must not miss and shopping you can do while you’re there.
The navigation / menu bar
Displays the three categories; each will take you to a page where all the related articles will display in brief as links to the full story. As you click on each category you will be presented with sub categories I hope will further help you in your navigation; some will display an extension to the right with more options. Each page will give you a link back to the home page or your previous viewed page; look to the space above the title to the article.
I am conscious my readers are important to the success of DoinDubai. Subsequently I enjoy using all my resources to offer my Subscribers special reports / discounts /offers.
Listed here are just some of what my Subscribers have enjoyed to date.
- Free Indian Street food item at Kebab Bistro
- Free Italian aperitif at the 4 Points Sheraton in Sheikh Zayed road
- Free Sri Lankan cooking class and Spa treatment at Kahanda Kanda in Sri Lanka
- 5 % discount and free bottle of Prosecco at La Bandita in Tuscany
- Useful Dubai Little Black Book lists of Tailors etc
- Free entry to all the competitions for complimentary meals in Dubai
About me – Monica Kapila
I am the Author and Creator of DoinDubai.
I have an MSc from the London School of Economics and have worked as a management consultant at Price Waterhouse in London.
We have lived in Dubai since 2006 when we relocated as a family from London. I have two daughters who have given me a lot of insight into the school system within Dubai.
I am often asked questions related to life in Dubai. So I decided to create the website you’re reading now, to share my experiences of what works well and what doesn’t in the form of HONEST reviews for visitors and residents.
I am at present (2015) a regular guest on Dubai Eye 103.8 ‘s show The Ticket Dubai Eye Radio. My role is to bring a fresh look to the food scene here in the UAE and abroad.
I have also written articles for Travel Arabia, Time Out Kids, the Gulf News and for a luxury travel website in Sweden. I’ve been lucky enough to go to some wonderful places both in Dubai and nearby; as well as having a range of international friends who love eating. I have no shortage of restaurants to review in all price brackets.
I welcome any comments you may have on any section of the site.