Updated March 2022
Thermomix in Dubai Is it worth it ?
Read this honest review updated 2022.
I found out all about the thermomix in Dubai in Feb 2017 when I did a review of the product. But I ended up waiting till December 2020 to buy my thermomix! I use it daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, constantly when I have people over. It’s given me back some control over my health.
Why don’t you Listen now to my podcast (Feb 2021) in the Monic Moments Podcasts to find out what some of my doubts were.
I did actually go ahead and buy a thermomix in Dubai, the latest version, which is the TM6 in December 2020!
I use the recipes in the in built cookiedoo account, but I also confidently and happily DISRUPT those recipes.
I have been happy being creative with my own recipes experimenting with flavours throughout the process and via sharing of recipes and experiences on instagram, people have approached me to help them make better use of their thermomixes to achieve their lifestyle eating goals. These sessions can be one to one or in a group.
Energy balls made with dates and prunes rolled in a coating of sesame and fennel seeds in the picture below.
If you have any questions on the thermomix then go to my @doindubai instagram account and send me a dm or use the contact link here to send me a message directly.
Thermomix in Dubai – from the beginning
A Thermomix is a kitchen gadget that weighs, processes and cooks your food.
Read on to find out what thermomix in Dubai is all about. It’s fabulous if you’re a creative cook, but it’s also fabulous if you’re not a creative cook. It’s great if you can cook, but it’s great if you can’t cook too!
What’s thermomix in Dubai all about
The thermomix is about the size of a large electric kettle that sits in it’s own pod type housing unit. The “kettle” is in effect the mixing/cooking bowl that you use for almost every task the machine carries out.
The pod has only 3 types of main controls, a timer, a temperature control and a motor speed dial – that’s it. The machine has been designed and made in Germany by a company called Voerwerk.
What can a thermomix do that my current food processor can’t
One of the unique selling points about the thermomix is that seems to be many kitchen gadgets all rolled into one. So it’s not just a powerful food processor.
- It’s very easy to weigh ingredients precisely and continue adding and weighing as you need to without removing things and starting again. So good bye kitchen scales.
- It has an incredibly powerful motor, the most powerful of any food processor on the market at the moment. So that means you can produce fine powder from the hardest food substances. This makes it easy to produce your own flours, sugars and nut combinations.
- You can then use these to turn into dough, butter, cake mixture or anything you need. It’s also very easy to process tough, sticky dates, so you can make things like these 4 ingredient energy balls in seconds!
- SEE OUR IG REEL RECIPE for Beetroot and orange cake made with Flaxseed powder and beetroot!
- The processing functions are quite comprehensive and sophisticated. So there is a special kneading mode for making dough as though you were doing it by hand. There is an emulsifying mode for combining sauces, as well as the regular blending and chopping functions of a standard food processor.
- There is a unique cooking mode which again can be precisely controlled via the temperature gauge. We saw how simple it was to first grind whole spices like pepper corns and cinnamon sticks into a fine powder and then easily roast them in the same bowl by pressing a button. These spices then form the base of a spicy curry paste with the garlic, ginger and onion easily chopped in the same bowl.
- It also works as a very powerful blender so it’s great for making any combination of fruit or vegetable drinks that include a bit of the zest or skin if you’d like. So it’s good bye smoothie and ice cream maker.
- We saw the cooking element work to make a curry and a soup. It works in a similar way to how a multi cooker would work. It’s more powerful than a slow cooker though. So goodbye multi cooker and slow cooker. But there is a non stick wok type saucepan that enables you to steam food as well. That sits comfortably on top of the “kettle” type bowl.
I’m not good in the kitchen so why should I buy a thermomix
The thermomix also comes with it’s own unique recipe chip (now connected via wifi in the machine itelf) that very simply guides you though making a dish step by step, with minimal food preparation. And if you need inspiration for making fabulous food in your thermomix, we have recipe ideas here that you can easily adapt and make in minutes! This 3 ingredient pancake mix is trending on our site at the moment!
And so many people have tried baking their own bread! Again very easy to do ANY KIND OF DOUGH in the thermomix!
Here’s our recipe for an easy Irish Soda Bread that doesn’t need yeast or proving time!
Where can I get a thermomix in Dubai
You can’t buy a thermomix in a shop, almost anywhere in the world. They’re only sold via distributors and Dubai is no exception. Call the thermomix office here in Dubai if you’d like to book a demonstration to see how the machine works or if you’d like to buy one anyway. The demonstrations are free of any obligation to buy. Tel +971 4 234 2520
Do say you heard about them from DoinDubai though please!
How much does a thermomix in Dubai cost
The thermomix machine isn’t cheap. They are around AED 5000 or so. I think they’d make an ideal wedding present for a couple that are just starting out. Friends and family could put this money together for them instead of buying separate household gifts. Thermomix in Dubai do offer a type of payment plan whereby you can pay in installments.
The thermomix is ideal for anyone who is maybe thinking of downsizing to a smaller home. The smart thermomix would negate the need of lots of gadgets taking up valuable kitchen counter space. Pay for it from the money you make selling your junk when you move.
Get it as a special Christmas or a Birthday or Anniversary present to yourself especially if you’re serious about improving your health as it gives you back so much control.
If you like cooking then you should definitely see our AIR FRYER recipes here too.
More great recipes on the DoinDubai Instagram and Facebook Feeds.
✍ Blogger & Journalist: Curated Recommendations Travel | Food | Longevity
Call Anthie onTel +971 4 399 55 96 , book yourself on a group demo at the nice thermomix kitchen in Al Barsha, come with your sister, there are some amazing recipe books too, again Anthie can recommend, I would like to buy LIfe Changing Food by Jo Whitton and Fouad Kasab, I think only available in Australia at the moment, but investigate that one too, all the best Monica.
Hi, I have a thermomix which I don’t know how to cook with it, I got it long time ago, now i want to buy for my sister in law as a birthday gift and I need a recipe book and demonstration as I need to use mine.
what a perfect wedding present! I’m sending your email to contact at thermomix in Dubai and they’ll set up a demo to suit you and give you all the details.
Elaine Kennedy says
Hi my name is Elaine Kennedy. I would like to book a demo for my newly wedded son and new daughter in law. I plan to buy this as part of their wedding present. I am actually a TMX demonstrator in Malaysia so know the TM 5 well. I live in Malaysia but can transfer funds via my son. Can you advise how and when this could be achieved