You’ve probably tried this Japanese sesame dressing while dining out at Japanese restaurants. It’s called JAPANESE GOMA DRESSING easy, tasty, versatile recipe.
- About 3 to 4 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or bit less if you like
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- water and lemon juice to your taste and consistency
- chill oil optional to your taste
HOW TO MAKE THE JAPANESE SESAME DRESSING
- dry roast the sesame seeds till lightly golden in a wok and shake the pan to prevent burning
- whizz to a powder when the seeds are cool – easy in a thermomix
- add remaining ingredients and whizz up till you get to your desired consistency adding a little more or less water as you like. Do taste as you go along.
Once you’ve whizzed up your toasted sesame seeds, keep them in an air tight jar and make up little amounts of this dressing to use as you need it just adding teaspoons of the other ingredients. Mix in a small jar of a nutri bullet.
HOW TO USE IT
- Try as a salad dressing on fresh spinach or salad leaves as we have above
- We’ve used it as a marinade for roast chicken if you add smoked paprika, chilli and garlic to your dressing
- As a sauce as Akira Back has done below
We loved how Akira Back at the W on the Palm Jumeirah used it for their vegetarian spinach rolls dish.
Fancy a STAYCATION AT THE W PALM JUMEIRAH? Then see our instagram video on our visit to the W Palm Jumeirah for a short break.
The Akira Back is a great place for fine dining vegetarian food. It has a large terrace too.
Check out more healthy, tasty recipes in our recipe gallery link here.
We have recipes for the thermomix, air fryer, recipes that are gluten free and carb free too.
If you’re on a KETO diet then listen to our podcast on our sister site MonicMoments Podcasts called We Must Talk About KETO.
Leave a Reply